viewer and docs for the OpenEXR image format
OpenEXR is a high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format developed by
Industrial Light & Magic for use in computer imaging applications.
OpenEXR's features include:
* Higher dynamic range and colour precision than existing 8- and
10-bit image file formats.
* Support for the "half" 16-bit floating-point pixel format.
* Multiple lossless image compression algorithms. Some of the
included codecs can achieve 2:1 lossless compression ratios on
images with film grain.
* Extensibility. New compression codecs and image types can easily
be added by extending the C++ classes included in the OpenEXR
software distribution. New image attributes (strings, vectors,
integers, etc.) can be added to OpenEXR image headers without
affecting backward compatibility with existing OpenEXR
This package contains documentation for the format and the following tools:
* exrheader, a utility for dumping header information.
* exrstdattr, a utility for modifying OpenEXR standard attributes.
* exrmaketiled, for generating tiled and rip/mipmapped images.
* exrenvmap, for creating OpenEXR environment maps.
* exrmakepreview, for creating preview images for OpenEXR files.
Generated by Doxygen 1.6.0 Back to index